Mosquito Pest Control
Patriot’s mosquito control barrier treatments are an organic, cost effective method of killing and repelling both mosquitoes and gnats. If you’re tired of mosquitoes and gnats buzzing around your home and backyard, call us today for a FREE estimate and see why people choose Patriot Pest Solutions for their mosquito control in Berk, Chester, Delaware and Montgomery counties.
As concern over Dengue Fever, West Nile Virus and Zika Virus continue to grow, we're urging Pennsylvania residents to take precautions to prevent mosquito bites. We suggest the following prevention tips:
- Most mosquitoes are active in the early morning hours and immediately after sunset. If you must be outside during those hours, we recommend wearing long pants, long-sleeved shirts and closed-toe shoes. We also recommend applying an insect repellent containing at least 20% DEET, picaridin, or oil of lemon-eucalyptus.
- While rare in the U.S, mosquito-borne diseases are common in many foreign countries. Anyone traveling outside of the country should be aware of travel advisories currently in effect. If a person falls ill upon returning home, seek medical attention.
- Mosquitoes only need about half an inch of water to breed. Eliminating standing water around your property will remove mosquito harborages. We also recommended making sure all screens on windows and doors are in good condition to block mosquito access.
Mosquito Control FAQ
- Does Patriot Pest Solutions treat the whole yard for mosquitoes? Effective mosquito treatment starts with targeting populations where they originate. Our mosquito treatments are focused to shady areas in shrubbery and under decks where mosquitoes live and breed.
- Is mosquito treatment safe for my family? All of the materials we use are registered by the EPA and are completely safe when applied according to the label by a licensed pest professional.
Organic Outdoor Mosquito Control
Our 6 month 100% organic mosquito control plan ensures the safety of you, your pets and your children. Organic mosquito control service plans begin in May and keep your yard mosquito-free through October. Mosquito services will eliminate the number of mosquitoes that swarm your yard in those warm summer months. We treat foliage, vegetation, shrubbery areas, patios, eaves, covered porches, and other resting areas. Reclaim your space and enjoy Pennsylvania summers without fear of itchy mosquito bites!
Organic Indoor Mosquito Control
Your home and yard will be inspected to help minimize contributing factors to a mosquito problem, such as standing water. We can address these problems and provide you with the knowledge and tools to prevent future mosquito infestations.
Mosquito Barrier Treatment
Our organic mosquito control management consists of six monthly outdoor treatments during mosquito season. Our professionally trained, state-licensed exterminators regularly perform these treatments on residential homes, apartments, row homes, hospitals, long term health care facilities and more. Each service consists of an application to foliage, vegetation, shrubbery, patios, eaves, covered porches and other conducive areas on the property.
Putting Mosquito Myths To Bed
- Mosquitoes live the entire summer: FALSE
Depending on environmental conditions, the average life span of a female mosquito is 2-3 weeks.
- Certain plants repel mosquitoes: FALSE
There are no plants that are effective at repelling or controlling mosquitoes. Many plants contain essential oils that may repel insects but the plants must be crushed or burned for this effect.
- All mosquitoes bite humans: FALSE
Only the female mosquito bites, because she requires blood in order to produce her eggs.
- "Bug Zappers" are effective at controlling mosquitoes: FALSE
"Zappers" only kill about 4.1% of mosquitoes over an entire season.
- Mosquitoes are just pests and serve no earthly good: FALSE
Mosquitoes are an important part of the food chain, providing food for fish, birds, bats, and other insects.
- Bats are effective at controlling mosquitoes: FALSE
Keeping a bat colony around will not eliminate your mosquito population. Bats are not an effective method of eliminating mosquitoes in your yard and bats pose way more of a threat then mosquitoes!
- All mosquitoes bite during dusk and evening hours: FALSE
Mosquitoes bite feet, ankles, and knees anytime they see fit.
- Mosquitoes all fly about the same distance: FALSE
Flight range is dependent on the species of mosquito. Ranges can be as short as 1-3 miles or up to 40 miles.
- Fans are effective in repelling mosquitoes: MOSTLY FALSE
Mosquitoes are weak fliers with a delicate frame. High output patio and deck fans can help blow them away as long as they are on the "high" setting and there is a strong breeze. Ceiling fans are ineffective as they are typically kept on a low setting and mosquitoes fly closer to the ground.
- Mosquitoes breed in vegetation areas: PARTLY TRUE
Mosquitoes require water to complete their life cycle. When not flying or biting mosquitoes prefer to rest in cool, dark, moist areas that are out of the wind.
- Trimmed vegetation will help reduce mosquitoes: TRUE
Mosquitoes prefer cool, dark, moist, out of the wind spots. Thick vegetation can provide this. Keeping the vegetation trimmed allows for more airflow, sunlight and drier conditions which discourage mosquitoes.
- Some people are bitten more often by mosquitoes than others: TRUE
As mosquitoes get close to a potential host, several factors can come into play. After being attracted by carbon dioxide, a variety of odors, including sweat, lactic acid, perfumes, shampoos are detected scents that influence biting behavior.
Why Do People Trust Patriot Pest Solutions To Remove Mosquitoes?
Patriot Pest Solutions offers over 50 years experience in solving mosquito problems. We're family owned and locally operated. All of our Green Pro certified, state-licensed technicians are fully insured and ready to eliminate your mosquito problem. Our treatment methodology was devised by our own in-house Associate Certified Entomologist, one of twelve in the entire state of Pennsylvania. We know how to get rid of mosquitoes and keep them from coming back.
With over 50 years of experience, you can rest assure that Patriot Pest Solutions can eradicate any pest problem you may have in your residence or commercial property. Our family-owned business offers the best wildlife and pest preventative and removal solutions. We pride ourselves on being a results oriented business offering 100% pest control guarantee.
* required field
Mosquito Control Reviews
"Chad Kennard is a very professional and informative technician. He came highly recommended and we were not disappointed. We are pleased to have switched our pest control to Patriot Pest Solutions. Thank you."
"Justin M. has been with our community at Amity Garden Apartments over the past year. He has always been on time, courteous to the staff and most importantly our residents. All of the services that we request are met or exceeded by Justin and Kim at Patriot. Nothing seems out of reach for their crew! Thank you for taking care of our community."
"Patriot Solutions and Dane T are truly professional and helped me with the issue, made it easier, provided me all answers and made sure to their best that the issue is resolved. Thanks a lot guys!!!"
"I contacted Patriot concerning bee and ant issues and before the day was finished, Patriot was out to my house! They did a great job and we did not have an issue for the rest of the summer. They were fast, knowledgeable and friendly! I would highly recommend Patriot to anyone!"
"Patriot Pest is reliable, thorough, timely and friendly. They provide the ultimate customer service while taking care of any of your pest control needs. They are kid and pet friendly and will put in the time that is necessary to deal with your issues. I would not hesitate to refer them to anyone."
Stop The Life Cycle!
- Every three nights, mosquitoes lay between 100-300 eggs.
- Larvae hatch from the eggs 24-48 hours later.
- Larvae enter the pupal stage 7-10 days after hatching.
- After 4 days, adult mosquitoes emerge from the pupal stage, ready to feed and breed.
A female mosquito can produce 4 million offspring in a single season if only 25% of each generation survives.